Web Analytics for Site Optimization (100% Online)
To improve the user experience and increase the value of online traffic, successful web analysts continuously review and maximize conversion rates for defined success actions. This course uses best practice methods and case studies to show you how to define, track, evaluate, and optimize your website and other digital offerings to improve visitor conversion goals. It also provides examples of how to create simple tests to define and evaluate the value of these changes. Site optimization topics include information architecture and navigation, content structure, internal page and link strategy, and the optimization of internal website search engines. This course includes a PDF version of The Big Book of Key Performance Indicators by Eric T. Peterson.
Course topics include:
- understanding the behavioral data often examined in the analytical tool reports
- an introduction to personas
- the concepts of Character Diamonds and Masks, and how these concepts are used to improve on basic persona design
- the fundamentals of visitor activity analysis including visitor, departure and path analysis
- strategies to improving shopping cart abandonment rates
- understanding how web visitors (including search engine crawlers) interact with a website to accomplish their goals including onsite search, search analytics metrics and creating onsite search forms
- identifying components of a website which can be measured and improved
- understanding the behavior of visitors from search
- understanding how to use web analytics for optimizing search engine rankings and conversion
- exploring design for evaluation, compensating for limitations in tracking methods and analytic tools
- understanding technical issues that may affect analysis
- the concept and metrics of recency and apply these concepts to the Visitor Value Model
Note: We recommend taking Introduction to Web Analytics (IV201) prior to this course.
Standard Fee: $675
Digital Analytics Association Members qualify for a special member rate of $640 CAD. Enter the associated coupon code from the membership section of the Digital Analytics Association website to receive this discount.
The format of this course is 100% online. Prior to 4pm PST on the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System.
View course offering below and select the applicable fee. Then add it to your shopping cart.