UBC Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics
Graduate Survey Results
There have been 723 graduates (as of September 2012) from the UBC Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics program. These graduates have come from 32 countries including Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and USA.
Students in the program have come from variety of companies including:
- Allstate Insurance
- Avenue A Razorfish
- Bell Canada
- BMO Financial Group
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Coca Cola
- Chevron Corporation
- Circuit City
- Critical Mass
- Dell Inc.
- Eddie Bauer Inc.
- Fidelity Investments
- Fox International Channels
- Google Inc.
- Harvard University
- Hello Canada
- Intrawest Corporation
- Intuit Inc.
- JC Penney
- John Deere
- Lululemon Athletica
- Procter and Gamble
- Progressive Insurance
- Project Management Institute
- Purolator Courier
- Rogers Communications Inc.
- Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Seoul National University
- Simon Fraser University
- Shaw Communications
- Sprint Nextel
- Sun Microsystems
- TD Bank Financial Group
- TELUS Communications
- The Dallas Morning News
- Time Inc.
- University of British Columbia
- University of Toronto
- Vanderbilt University
- World Vision
- Yamaha Corp.
Graduates of the Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics Program were surveyed in 2010* and the results were as follows:
- Salaries of alumni resulted in the median being in the $50,000-$100,000 range.
- 100% said that they would recommend the program to others.
- 100% indicated that they "agree" or "strongly agree" that the program was a good investment of time and money.
- 93% felt this program gave them a good foundation in the applied skills and knowledge they need.
- 100% indicated that they "agree" or "strongly agree" that overall the program was a positive learning experience.
- 79% felt that employers or colleagues recognize and value their certificate qualifications.
- Graduates of the program are employed in some of the following careers: Web Analyst, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Sr Technology Consultant, Web Development Coordinator, Digital Analst, Marketing Analyst, Principle Consultant, Web Designer, Web Data Analyst, SEO/SEM Specialist and Online Marketing Associate.
NOTE: Graduates from the program (2009 survey) were employed in some of the following careers: Marketing Specialist; Senior Web Analyst; SEO, PPC & Analytics Specialist; Internet Marketing Manager; Technology Marketing Specialist; Internet Fundraising Coordinator; Digital Account Manager; Web Analyst/Developer; Senior Marketing Specialist; Senior Consultant; Web Manager; Managing Director Digital Strategy and Design; Director of Marketing; Marketing Advertising Trainee. Graduates from the program (2008 survey) were employed in some of the following careers: Web Performance Measurement Officer; Software Analyst; Analytics Strategic Consultant; User Experience Consultant; Program Analyst; Group Account Manager; Web marketing Specialist; Executive Assistant and Web Designer; Internet Marketing Consultant; Web Analyst.
*Information is based on 14 responses to the survey. Students graduated in their program between Apr 1-Dec 31, 2009.
Graduates of the Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics Program cumulative results (2007-2010)*:
- 95% would recommend their program to others
- 93% felt overall the program was a positive learning experience
- 93% felt the program was definitely a good investment of my time and money
- 70% felt they were able to apply the skills and knowledge gained in the program in an employment or venture situation
- 65% felt that employers or colleagues recognized and valued their certificate qualifications
*Information is based on 57 responses to the surveys from 2007 - 2010.
Read profiles on graduates of the UBC Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics to find out how the program helped their careers and what they are doing now: