UBC Continuing Studies is an academic unit that inspires curiosity, develops ingenuity, stimulates dialogue and facilitates change among lifelong learners locally and internationally. We anticipate and respond to emerging learner needs and broaden access to UBC by offering innovative educational programs that advance our students' careers, enrich their lives and inform their role in a civil and sustainable society.
What do we offer lifelong learners?
- Flexible learning through part-time schedules and online formats
- Award-winning UBC programs specifically designed for adult learners
- Outstanding instructors drawn from campus and off-campus communities
- Enriched educational experiences based on proven teaching methods
- Personalized educational guidance from lifelong learning professionals
How do we serve lifelong learners?
- We value their input as adult learners
- We respect their life experiences and educational backgrounds
- We work with them to develop personalized learning plans
- We empower them to achieve their learning objectives
- We create opportunities to network with fellow students