UBC Continuing Studies Life and Career Programs help you take charge of your career and gain the knowledge and skills you need to advance in your current profession or embark on a new career path. From personalized consultations and coaching to experiential workshops and comprehensive certificate programs, our offerings cultivate self-awareness, provide practical skills, and strengthen interpersonal capacities.
"Whether you're exploring a new career path, looking to advance in your current position or preparing for retirement, our programs, courses and services offer tools to build on your strengths and find success."
— Deena Boeck, Associate Director
Most courses take place in downtown Vancouver at UBC Robson Square and several have an online or blended (in-class and online) format.
Programs, courses and services include:
- Career Development and Testing for Adults – individual coaching and career counselling, career assessments, emotional intelligence, leadership coaching, personality assessments, high school and post-secondary vocational testing
- Career Services for Teens and Young Adults– vocational testing and university application workshops
- Health and Counselling – motivational interviewing, self-care and burnout prevention and counselling professional development
- Interpersonal Communication Skills - assertiveness, conflict management, emotional intelligence and constructive feedback skills
- Organizational Coaching and Leadership - appreciative inquiry, EQ for leaders, visual facilitation and a comprehensive ICF-accredited coach training program
- University Test Preparation – GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, online resources
- Customized Programming – tailored assessments and in-house offering of our courses available
UBC Continuing Studies Life and Career Programs have evolved from the core programs and services of the internationally-recognized UBC Women's Resources Centre and build on a tradition of more than 40 years of community outreach employing the strengths and skills of a talented and committed group of volunteer peer counsellors who provide free one-on-one peer counselling.
|Deena Boeck||Associate Director|
|Eileen Chow||Program Leader|
|Rochelle Davidson||Program Leader|
|Jacquie Digeso||Manager, Assessment Services|
|Heather Turnbull||Program Leader|
|Cynthia Tam||Program Assistant|
|Nasima Ramji||Program Assistant|
|Leslie Savage||Program Assistant|
Instructors and Consultants
Our instructors and consultants are all professional adult educators and specialists in their areas of expertise. Many of them have been with us for years, and they continue to deliver the high calibre courses and services for which we have become known. Our instructors are innovative and are constantly developing topical workshops that meet the current needs of our community.