This one-day workshop will explore the science of mindfulness and application in helping professions, including counselling, coaching and health care. Mindfulness is a form of mental exercise that cultivates presence and attunement by reducing stress and reactivity. Mindfulness helps professionals be more flexible and creative to in the moments of change and complexity, intuitive to clients underlying needs, and resilient when life feels full to the brim. Mindfulness is a core competency that can be cultivated to benefit you personally, an approach that can be integrated into your work that will enhance your professional presence with clients, and a strategy that can integrated into your work with individuals, groups and teams. The day will be a relatively equal blend of theory and science of mindfulness and the experiential practice of mindfulness.
- Understand the history and neuroscience of Mindfulness and application to helping relationships and professional contexts
- Develop an understanding of the physiology of stress and impact on clients
- Demonstrate the principles/practice of mindfulness in your profession, and with clients.
- Cultivate skills for deep listening and interpersonal attunement
- Enhance the ability to respond vs react in times of stress and uncertainty
- Increase the ability to capture and question the heart of the matter.
- Apply principles and domains of compassion, insight, intuition, and wisdom that underlie a mindfulness practice.
This course is approved for 6 CECs by the CCPA.
A 15% group discount is available when 3 or more individuals from the same organization register at the same time.
A 15% student discount is also available. Please call 604.822.1444 to enquire.
The format of this course is in-class.