Next Start Date: Aug 28, 2017
The UBC Digital Marketing Communications Accelerated Diploma Program is an intensive, four-month full-time program that combines classroom and online learning, a practicum, and a capstone project.
Gain career-ready digital marketing communications skills, tools, and practices through on-the-job work experience. Benefit from our instructors’ experience – all of whom are industry practitioners and leaders in their fields – as they share their insights, knowledge, and the latest in digital marketing thinking and practices.
- Next program: Aug 28 - Dec 15, 2017
- Delivered full-time over four months
- Includes seven weeks of in-class and online learning, combined with an eight-week practicum and one-week capstone project
- Developed by digital marketing communications experts and practitioners
- Ideal for recent post-secondary graduates who want to add practical digital marketing skills and experience to their credentials, or professionals who are early in their advertising, communications, public relations, and marketing careers
- By the end of the program, you will have a breadth and depth of job-ready digital marketing skills to advance your career in this exciting field.
- Costs $8,300 CAD
Open all | Close all
The UBC Digital Marketing Communications Accelerated Diploma Program is designed to provide you with training and specialized, hands-on digital marketing communications skills in a condensed time frame.
The program focuses on the latest industry practices in digital marketing, including social media marketing. Courses are designed and taught by practitioners working in digital marketing management and leadership roles in digital and marketing agencies, public relations, and related industries. Our instructors are highly qualified professionals with experience in adult education.
Here are some of the skills and experience you can expect to gain:
- Social media marketing campaign development
- Digital campaign measurement
- Planning and executing content marketing initiatives
- User experience and design fundamentals
- Digital project management, including stakeholder relations and team dynamics
- Writing persuasive copy
- Digital storytelling
- Digital and social technologies and applications
Who It's For
Consider this program if you are:
- are seeking to bridge your post-secondary education with current digital marketing practices and experience.
- early in your advertising, communications, marketing, or public relations career and want to ensure you have the most relevant marketing communications skills to move into a digital marketing role.
- If you are advanced in your career and wanting to boost your digital skills, consider our UBC Certificate in Digital Strategy.
This intensive, four-month program consists of:
- Seven weeks of in-class instruction
- An online component that runs concurrently throughout the in-class and practicum blocks
- An eight-week practicum at a local host company
- A one-week capstone project
Students can expect to be in class Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm at UBC Robson Square in downtown Vancouver. If you are currently working, you can apply to have your workplace considered for the practicum component.
The UBC Digital Marketing Communications Accelerated Diploma Program was developed in collaboration with local industry professionals and digital leaders to ensure that the most relevant skill, topics, and technologies are taught.
The result is a streamlined, yet comprehensive program that prepares you to advance your career in digital marketing communications.
Program Core Courses:
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Communications
- User Acquisition and Engagement
- Measurement, Analytics and Insights
- UX/UI and Design Fundamentals
- Digital Project Planning
- Writing for Digital Communications
- Professional and Career Development
- Marketing Technologies – Social Media Platforms and Tools
- Marketing Technologies – CRM and Email
- Adobe® Creative Cloud (formerly Adobe® Creative Suite)
- Developing Your Professional Online Identity
- Pitching and Presenting
The program's instructors and advisory committee are trailblazers and leaders in digital marketing and communications, and work in PR and digital and marketing agencies, tech startups, and sports and entertainment. They bring a wealth of practical industry experience, knowledge and insight into market practices and trends.
We continually process applications for the UBC Digital Marketing Communications Accelerated Diploma Program. There is no cost to apply.
Tuition is $8,300 CAD. A non-refundable deposit of $1,600 CAD is due upon acceptance in the program to reserve your spot. We are so sure that you will be well positioned with the skills you need to find immediate employment that we are offering to finance your education, interest-free, beyond the completion date of the program.
If you are accepted into the 16-week Digital Marketing Communications program for Winter 2017, you can choose to pay the deposit only. We will then set up an eight-month payment plan to cover the rest of the tuition. No interest. No credit checks. No catches. We trust that you will meet your payment obligations once you have graduated because we are confident you will leave the program with the skills you need to find a job.
All required courseware is included in program fees. For information regarding payment plan options, please see the Program Handbook.
Before applying to this program, you must read and understand the terms and conditions in the program handbook .
The admission process helps ensure that the needs, intentions, and expectations of participants are adequately matched to the program’s objectives and capabilities.
If you have read the handbook and meet the admission requirements outlined here, you can apply to the program by filling out and submitting an online application form. Please attach supporting documents in your application.
A limited number of applicants are admitted to the UBC Digital Marketing Communications Accelerated Diploma Program. Meeting minimum requirements does not ensure admission to the program. This is a fast-paced, intensive, and challenging program and is designed for those who have some experience with digital technologies. Students should also have the following skills and experience:
- Post-secondary education (college or university)
- Basic familiarity with social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Fluency in English, and skills in written and oral business English*
As space in the UBC Digital Marketing Communications Accelerated Diploma Program is limited, information in your application and supporting documents should be completed as thoroughly and thoughtfully as possible. This will provide the admissions committee sufficient information on which to base its decision.
*Assumes English 12 with C+ or higher, or IELTS 6.5 or equivalent for international applicants. Non-native English speakers may be interviewed prior to admittance. Find out more about acceptable English language tests and minimum scores.