The UBC Continuing Studies Writing Centre provides free tutorial services for currently enrolled UBC undergraduate and graduate students and Writing Centre students from the second week of September to the second week of April. The service is in the Chapman Learning Commons, on the third floor of the Irving K. Barber Centre. The tutors are in an area called the Qualicum Room, which is at the head of the main staircase. Students can schedule appointments during the day (10am-3pm, M-F), or drop in between 3-7pm, M-F. Please be aware that the number of tutoring hours may be limited during certain times of the term.
Please make note of the following to ensure that your registration experience goes smoothly.
- You must sign up using your UBC email address through WCOnline.
- Registration for tutoring appointments will not be taken by telephone or e-mail.
- Because of the high demand for tutors, it is important to be on time for appointments. If you are more than 10 minutes late, the appointment will not be held and will become available as a drop-in slot.
- If you are a no-show for more than two appointments, you will not be allowed to book future appointments.
- Drop-in times at the Chapman Learning Commons are on a first come, first served basis and may be limited to 20 minutes per session.
- Please note that this service is also available to currently enrolled Writing Centre students over the age of 18.
Please cancel your scheduled appointment at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment time through WCOnline.